phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Thursday 13 June 2013

Post Fight Interview: Neil Seery on Cage Warriors 55 Win


Post Fight Interview: Neil Seery on Cage Warriors 55 Win



On June 1st in front of a packed Helix Theatre in Dublin, Ireland, Irish Featherweight Neil Seery won the Cage Warriors featherweight title defeating Mikael Silander to become the promotions first 125lb champion.

Now 6-1 in his last 7 fights, and on a 4 fight win streak, we caught up with Seery to discuss the Silander fight, what its like to hold the Cage Warriors Featherweight title, and who he would like to face next.

Houten: First off, congratulations on the huge win on Saturday, has it finally sunk in yet?
Seery: Yes, I was confident I would win and enjoying being the first CWFC Flyweight Champion. No one can ever take that from me.

You mentioned in our last interview you were feeling a lot of pressure going into Saturdays fight, how did you feel though when you stepped out of the back to the amazing crowd on show?
I couldn’t believe the Irish support, it was unbelievable. It really got me fired up. When I was in the head and arm the amount of folks cheering for me helped pushed me through.

Was the crowed on Saturday the best you have ever fought in front of?
Yes by far the loudest and most supportive.

Did the fight pan out the way you expected it to on Saturday?
Yes, we knew he would try to submit me, we knew he would try to take me down. I trained for five rounds and knew I would catch him eventually.

Come the second round you looked like you had Silander beat in ever aspect of the game, what did you think of Silander?
Good warrior, very strong and always dangerous.

Do you think you neutralised his game plan during the fight, or do you think he simply just couldn’t handle what you had to offer?
A bit of both.

Did having your family in the audience bring out the best in Neil Seery?
It was great to have my two brothers there to support me.

Have you managed to watch your performance on Saturday back yet? If so how would you rate your performance?
Not yet, been resting this week and will get with my coach Andy Ryan (Team Ryano) and asses my performance in the next two weeks.

What do the next few months hold for Neil Seery?
Two weeks of rest and then back into the gym to help my teammates train for their upcoming fights on BattleZone @battlezone on July 6 at Neptune Stadium in Cork.

You have fought twice in 2 months, are you planning some time off now, or will you be straight back in the gym?
Completely up to CWFC, they call and I fight.

When can we expect you to defend your Flyweight Title?
As soon as CWFC gets me a match up.

I know, its early days but have you had any thought possible opponent for your first defence?
Doesn’t matter to me

What do you think about recently signed UCMMA bantamweight and CFC flyweight champion Spencer Hewitt? I think this would be an excellent fight.
CWFC has signed some new additions recently so any would be a good fight.

Since we last spoke, Conor has accepted a fight with Andy Ogle in Boston. Is this another easy win for Conor?
Are any MMA wins easy? Month of training so nothing is a walk in the park but knowing Conor and his preparation he should be good to go! 

You can follow Neil Seey on his newly created Twitter Account  - @neilseeyMMA

No comments:

Post a Comment