phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Saturday 1 June 2013

Neil Seery "Losing is not an option" at Cage Warriors 55

Kingdom MMA chat to Neil Seery before his Cage Warriors flyweight title fight

by Ben Heather @benheather


Today Kingdom MMA caught up with Neil Seery ahead of his title fight this evening, that fight will decide who will become the first ever Cage Warriors Flyweight champion and is the co main event to the Che Mills vs Cathal Pendred fight.

Ben: How does It feel to be fighting to become the first flyweight cage Warriors title?
Seery: Great but a lot of pressure.

Ben: What was your reaction when you got the call to say they wanted you in the title fight?
Seery: It was an easy decision, YES!

Ben: Were you originally part of the planned four man tournament that was scheduled for the Cage Warriors 55 event?
Seery: I was offered a place but nothing was confirmed for the tournament.

Ben: How are you feeling knowing today is the day you will be walking out in your home town to fight for the title?
Seery: Great

Ben: Do you feel that the crowd will be able to urge you on to win that title tonight?
Seery: Yeah, I love my Irish fans.  I know it is in Dublin and I am at home fighting but it makes no difference where I am.

Ben: Have you felt the hype surrounding Irish MMA the past couple of months since Connor's fight in the UFC?
Seery: Conor has been great for the Irish MMA exposure and I just hope the trend continues. I have not felt the hype but I hear what my fans and teammates say so there must be something!

Ben: What is the Irish MMA scene like, do you feel there is a lot of up and comers waiting to rise up the ranks in Ireland?
Seery: Yes, just look at Paul Redmond twitter handle @redsermma

Ben: It seems Cathal Pendred is doing everything he can to get a fight in the UFC, do you feel winning the cage warriors title could put you on the UFC's radar?
Seery: I'm not even thinking about the next chapter, very happy with Cage Warriors and what they have done for me.

Ben: Was dropping to Flyweight the best decision you made in your career, since the drop you are 5-2 and won more flyweight fights under the cage warriors banner than anyone else.
Seery: I was always a flyweight the division just had no depth in Europe so I was forced to fight heavier bigger guys.  Hence my mixed record.  I was always competitive but only since Cage Warriors have I had the opportunity to show it.

Ben: On Saturday night you are fighting Mikael Silander, what do you expect from him on fight night?
Seery: I expect him to bring his best and try to submit me. 

Ben: What is key to you getting the win tonight, do you have a game plan and how do you expect the fight to go?
Seery: I am expecting a hard tough fight, this fight is make or break for me.  Game Plan is to JUST FIGHT!

Ben: Where do you go in your career should you lose, is the fight tonight make or break for you?
Seery: Losing is not an option

Ben: Thank you for your time Neil, would you like to say any thank you's?
Seery: Yes I would like to thank Andy Ryan, Team Ryano, all my teammates, John Kavanagh and the SBG lads, Conor McGregor, Legacy Fight Wear, Aduco Health, Urbana Hair Removal, Spiral Life Therapy and Seafield Charter House.

No comments:

Post a Comment