phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Thursday 4 April 2013

Spencer Hewitt: 'It's Time to Show the World Who Spencer Hewitt is'


Spencer Hewitt Talks Cory Tait Ahead of UCMMA 33
By Chris Houten - @houts4thewin


This Saturday night from The Troxy, London, Spencer Hewitt takes on UCMMA Bantamweight Champion Cory Tait in the co-main event at UCMMA 33 in a rematch of their 2012 bout, a bout which Hewitt won by KO in just 10 seconds.

We caught up with Hewitt ahead of the fight to discuss how his preparations for the fight have gone, Taits skill set, and the possibility of a TUF 18 tryout. 

Chris: For those that don't really know Spencer Hewitt or might be checking out UCMMA for the first time on Saturday, can you tell us a little about yourself, and what the people can expect?
Hewitt: I am a MMA fighter out of MMA Terror Squad, I'm BJJ black belt with 10 years boxing I have good wrestling and Thai boxing -  I am a complete mma fighter, I come to finish fights by KO or sub. 

On Saturday your fighting Cory Tait at UCMMA 33, hows your preparation gone for the fight?
Very good, I've had a good camp. I've trained very  smart.

What's the strategy going into this fight, and has the game plan changed much since the first bout?
I'm keeping that close to my chest 

You openly said before the first fight against Tait you seen the KO there, do you see it there for the taking again, or do you think Tait maybe underestimated your striking the first time round?
The KO is still there for sure 

After the first fight against Tait, you joked you were scared to fight Tait, and was fighting on fear that night. How are your emotions feeling going into the rematch?
I am very excited and focused on taking the belt 

Being a decorated BJJ black belt, what do you think of Taits ground game?
His got a underestimated ground game, it's good, but It's not close to my level 

UCMMA 33 will be your first fight since the introduction of the new Safe MMA regulations. How are you finding the initiative so far?
I like it, it's a big step forward in safety off the fighters, it gives you peace off mind 

A little blue birdy tells me your trying out for TUF 18 in a few weeks?
Yes in Vegas I feel its my time to show the world who Spencer Hewitt Is i feel it's a good time i my career to git in to tuf 18 

Spencer, thanks for taking the time to talk to us today. Is their anyone you would like to thank out there ahead of your fight on Saturday?
Yes the universe for giving me talent and the opportunity I have, Elite MMA Agency, MMA Terror Squad, Origin MMA Academy, my team: Ross Hewitt, Jez Lord, Marc Walder, Dan Duckett, Lee Pearmean, and all the MMA fans that show the sport and fighters their love. 

You can follow Spencer Hewitt on Twitter - @hewittmma, Tickets for UCMMA 33 are still available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment