phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Thursday 11 April 2013

Jason Cooledge "My goal is to make a statement and finish Jason Ball"

Kingdom MMA chat to Jason Cooledge ahead of his fight at Cage Warriors 53

by Ben Heather @benheather

Jason Cooledge (7-3 MMA) took time out of his schedule today to answer some questions for Kingdom MMA. Jason is fighting on the main card of Cage Warriors 53 Saturday night at the Kelvin Hall in Glasgow Scotland and will be looking to make it three wins in a row if he can beat Jason Ball (19-11 MMA).

Ben: Hi Jason, thank you for agreeing to an interview with Kingdom MMA. At Cage Warriors 53 you make your debut fighting for Cage Warriors, for fans who have not seen your previous fights can you tell them a little bit about yourself?
Jason: I'm the animal. I fight out of BKK Fighters, Colchester under Jack Stone Mason. I have two kids and a loving wife and I'm a full time fighter.

Ben: Cage Warriors is a huge organisation in European MMA, you must be extremely excited and a little bit nervous at the same time to be featured on the main card Saturday?
Jason: I'm very excited I feel its deserved I work hard and fight even harder but feel blessed that a great organisation like Cage Warriors has recognised my hard work and I will put on a great show for them.

Ben: Your opponent Jason Ball has been in the cage with pretty much a who's who of the best UK 155lb fighters, is Ball your toughest test to date?
Jason: Maybe!!! Styles make fights so we will see.

Ben: Ball is known for his pro boxing background, going in to this fight how confident are you standing with Ball?
Jason: I'm very happy with my skills in all areas and feel i will control the cage with pressure and pace.

Ben: Jason Ball has not been stopped since former UFC fighter Paul Sass forced him to tap in November 2008, do you think you can force a stoppage win?
Jason: Hell yes and i will be ready to take any opportunity that I see. This is my goal, to make a statement and finish Ball so everyone knows who I am.

Ben: Do you see any area of weakness in Ball's skills that you will be able to target on Saturday night?
Jason: I don't really look at what my opponent does, just what i can do. Plus, you never know if your opponent will change last minute.

Ben: Have you focused more on your stand up game in training for this fight?
Jason: No more than usual, I work on everything twice a week at least to be as well rounded as possible.

Ben: In your last loss you took Martin Stapleton to a respectable decision, what did you learn from that loss?
Jason: Most of all I learnt my range and not to let people hit me even if it doesn't hurt me so a bit more discipline.

Ben: Since that loss you have won back to back fights both coming via submission, how do you feel your game has improved since the loss?
Jason: My game has gone through the roof, I'm nowhere near the fighter I used to be. Ive come on so much and I'm now on a whole new level.

Ben: And finally before you go would you like to say thanks to anyone?
Jason: Thank you for the interview, a big thanks to Cage Warriors for having me on the show. Thanks to my wife for looking after me and keeping me true to myself. My Gym BKK Fighters for being there for me always. Jack Mason for helping me in all aspects of my life. My pro team mate Sean Carter, Arnold Allen for being there to train with me. Steve Wright, all my coaches, Lee Catlin, Jamie Williams, Nick Albert beat man.

My Sponsors eprotein for my supplements, funky gums for my gum shields and British Fighter and Octagon wear for my training clothes and walk out gear.

Also thanks to all of my training partners for helping me out.

Thank you Jason for taking the time to answer all the questions from Kingdom MMA. Again, Jason will be fighting on the main card of Cage Warriors 53 at the Kelvin Hall, Glasgow on Saturday night.

Keep Checking Kingdom MMA for all the latest news on Jason Cooledge, Cage Warriors as well as all the other news from the world of MMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment