phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Thursday 4 July 2013

Warren Kee ahead of Cage Warriors 56 "I am getting back in the win column on Saturday night"

Warren Kee talks to Kingdom MMA before his fight at Cage Warriors 56

by Ben Heather @benheather


On Saturday night Cage Warriors 56 takes place live from The Forum in Kentish Town, London. As part of the main card Warren Kee will be fighting Philip Mulpeter, this will be the first time Kee is fighting in 2013 and comes in to the contest after losing his last two fights. Yesterday Kingdom MMA had the pleasure of catching up with Kee and discussed his recent record, dropping weight class and his fight at Cage Warriors 56.

Ben: Thank you for your time and agreeing to an interview with Kingdom MMA. For those that don't really know Warren Kee or might be checking out Cage Warriors for the first time on Saturday, can you tell us a little about yourself and what the people can expect?
Kee: No problem thanks for the interview, Cage Warriors is one of the top shows in Europe so all fights on there shows are well matched and exciting, I'm just a normal clean guy who works hard at what he does and is always looking to finish, I've just come off 2 very disappointing fights so I intend to rectify that on Saturday night, this will be a great fight.

Ben: This is the second time you have thought for Cage Warriors, what does it mean to you to fight for the biggest European MMA organisation?
Kee: It means a lot to me and I'm grateful for the opportunity, I was matched on previous Cage Warriors shows in the past but had to pull out due to injuries which was incredibly frustrating.

Ben: You are coming in to this fight off the back of two losses and 1 draw, do you feel added pressure is on you to get the win?
Kee: Yes definitely, I have massively under performed in my last 2 fights and that still hurts me personally, I am getting back in the win column on Saturday night.

Ben: Have you made any adjustments to your game after your last defeat?
Kee: Yes mainly by dropping a weight class, I haven't cut weight in last 4 or so fights so have literally walked round at 78kg and you can't do that these days, welterweights now are walking round and fighting at 85 - 90+ kilos where I was still 78kg, this was just too much of a disadvantage and with some fighters using special supplements etc it makes it even a bigger struggle, technique wise I have worked on everything and evolve each session further.

Ben: At 39 years old now would a loss on Saturday night make you think about calling an end to your mma career?
Kee: No, this is the start in my eyes. I improve daily and my hunger to train is always there.

Ben: This fight is at a catchweight of 160lbs. You mentioned before you wanted to drop to lightweight? How did the catchweight fight come about?
Kee: I wanted a catchweight fight to test the waters before the dropping fully to 155, I was fortunate that this was available to have.

Ben: So you see your future as a lightweight after this fight then?
Kee: Yes 155lbs is right for me I feel, I had tests done and all the numbers I got back have proved that too. I'm very disciplined anyway but lightweight will bring out the best in me for sure.

Ben: How is the weight coming down before the weigh ins is everything on plan for Fridays weigh in?
Kee: I feel great, better than ever so really looking forward to fighting, I knew I should have dropped divisions years ago but it wasn't broke so I just kept on at 170lbs.

Ben: You have only gone the distance once in your career which ended in a draw, do you train to be able to fight for the full 15 minutes or do you train to stop the fight ASAP?
Kee: I had points deducted in that fight that cost me the win but I always train for the full fight duration, I can push the pace for 3 rounds at this weight due to better energy levels from a better diet too.

Ben: What do you expect from your opponent Philip Mulpeter?
Kee: A really tough fight, he looks well rounded, tough and he is from from a great camp, the fans will like this one for sure.

Ben: What's your game plan for Saturday night and where do you believe you have an advantage in this fight?
Kee: I don't want to give no plans away but I feel I'm stronger in all areas and at a weight closer to where I need to be fighting, I'm in the best shape ever so just going to fight hard.

Ben: Thank you for your time Warren, lastly would you like to thank anyone?
Kee: Massive thanks to sponsors - Tsunami gym, Relentless MMA, Max office supplies, QNT UK, Setai clinic, Funky gums, Fightwear MK.

Also all my coaches and teammates and my own students too.

My girlfriend Sam and my mate Zane have been amazing as have my parents and friends.

Finally Cage Warriors for the opportunity to fight and yourself for the interview, I hope the fans enjoy my fight and a great stacked card from top to bottom it is stacked with amazing talent.

Thank you to Warren for his time and you can watch his fight at Cage Warriors 56 live on Premier Sports from 9pm on Saturday night. We will be live reporting from the event on our twitter account so if you can't make it live or get chance to watch it on TV, stay posted to those updates.

Cage Warriors 56 is headlined by the return of Bola Omoyele in his first fight since signing his exclusive contract with Cage Warriors. Bola is set to battle Vincent del Guerra in the main event, also on the card are Robbie Olivier, Graham Turner, Denniston Sutherland and Brett Bassett.

No comments:

Post a Comment