phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Friday 26 July 2013

Paul Daley Releases Statement Confirming his Bellator Release


Paul Daley Releases Statement Confirming his Bellator Release
by Chris Houten - @mrhouts


Nottingham based Welterweight Paul Daley has this morning released a statement confirming he has been unconditionally released from his Bellator contract as the promotion feel Daley will not be able go obtain a visa to fight in The US following the results of a past legal issue.


Reports  of the release surfaced yesterday evening, with Daley now confirming his release via his official facebook:
"Yes, i have been released by Bellator, due to visa issues resulting from previous offences. Although my application for a new visa WAS NOT DENIED, i am assuming the Bellator legal team thought it would not be possible for me to obtain one, in light of recent events.
I apologies to all the fans/supporters, that wanted me to win the Bellator tournament and challenge the boring Ben Arsken for the title....this is not gonna happen now, but we have Martin Stapleton and Rob Sinclair in Bellator, representing the UK, both im sure will do a great job.

I am currently in talks with a number of organisations, and have about half a dozen contracts already in my inbox........but i will take my time, and read through them all. The whole situation has been difficult, but my release now alllows easier negotiation with different organisations.

I will be fighting real soon, September. Any media want more information, please inbox me directly.

Thank you."

One of the finest MMA fighter to come out of the UK, Paul Daley, who holds notable wins over Scott Smith, Jorge Masvidal, Martin Kampmann, John Alessio, and Duane Ludwig most recent fought at Cage Warriors 57 where he beat Lukasz Chlewicki by doctors stoppage. 

Following the release its likely that Daley will be one of the most desired free agents in MMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment