phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Friday 31 May 2013

Video: Shogun Rua on Working with Freddie Roach Ahead of UFC 161


Video: Shogun Rua on Working with Freddie Roach Ahead of UFC 161  


Ahead of his UFC 161 bout with Rogerio Nogueira, Shogun Rua has been working with infamous boxing trainer Freddie Roach.  In a video released earlier today by The UFC Shogun discusses the improvements working with Roach has added to his game:
I started training with Freddie Roach because my manager contacted him and his team. For me this is good because I learned some things that can make the difference against Rogerio Nogueira.
I was always confident in my boxing. In camp, I always train a lot of boxing. But Freddie showed me specific details that will help me improve my game.

I am going to go back to Brazil and keep practicing what I learned and hope to apply it to the fight.
He is a south paw and that already makes him harder to deal with. Nogueira is a guy that likes to setup his jab to throw his left hand. I know this and I am going to be prepared when we step inside the Octagon.


UFC 161 takes place on June 15, 2013 at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, with Rashad Evans vs Dan Henderson headlining the card. Shogun Rua vs Rogerio Nogueira will serves as the events co-main event, with The UKs Rosi Sexton and John Maguire also on the card.

UFC 161 Full Card:

MAIN CARD
Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
Stipe Miocic vs. Roy Nelson
Alexis Davis vs. Rosi Sexton
Pat Barry vs. Shawn Jordan

PRELIMINARY CARD 
Jake Shields vs. Tyron Woodley
James Krause vs. Sam Stout
Ryan Jimmo vs. Igor Pokrajac
Sean Pierson vs. Kenny Robertson
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook) 
Roland Delorme vs. Edwin Figueroa
Mitch Clarke vs. John Maguire
Yves Jabouin vs. Dustin Pague

No comments:

Post a Comment