phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Tuesday 7 May 2013

The UFC cuts continue: Garza and Carvalho Released by The UFC

Two More Featherweights Cut From The UFC

by Tommy Strong @Strong_tea


Featherweights Pablo Garza and Antonio Carvalho haveboth announced on social media sites that they have been released from the UFC.

Pablo Garza (12–4) posted on his Facebook page:
In life’s journey we can walk many paths and while some may close there are others that will open. I am sad to say, that I have been released from the UFC roster. But I will take this time to focus on another passion of mine; competing in Jiu Jitsu and coaching. And who knows, I might be back in the Octagon again one day… Once again thank you all!
Having lost 3 of his last 4 fights, with the latest a 1st round submission defeat to Diego Brandao at UFC on Fuel 9. ‘The Scarecrow’ leaves the UFC with a 3-3 record which saw him pick up 'knockout of the night' against Fredson Paxao and in his following fight a 'submission of the night' award for his impressive flying triangle choke over Yves Jabouin. His last victory came via decision against Mark Hominick at UFC 154.

Antonio Carvalho confirmed via his Facebook page, that he also has been released from the UFC, following his 1st round TKO defeat at the hands of Darren Elkins at UFC 158.
“Just got word today, I’m no longer with the UFC roster at this point. Too many fighters in the FW division and they need to cut back. So yes, I’ve been cut. No hate towards the UFC. This was something the matchmakers had been warning us for a while about. They had often told me that they have to cut people that they want to keep around. I completely understand that this is a business and that is the climate in the UFC at the moment.”
Carvalho previous to the Elkins fight, came into the octagon on the back of a two fight winning streak with wins over Daniel Pineda (TKO) and Rodrigo Damm (Split Decision). Carvalho now leaves the UFC with a 2/2 record and not certain what the future holds for him.
“I don’t know where I will go from here. I’ll just have to sit back and think about what I want to do next with my life. Thanks again to everyone that has always supported me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment