phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Monday 28 April 2014

Jake Bostwick vs Simeon Thoresen set for Cage Warriors Super Saturday

Bostwick vs Thoresen set for Cage Warriors 69

by Ben Heather @benheather

Copyright: Dolly Clew | Cage Warriors

Cage Warriors 69 has a lot of hype surrounding the event due to the recent announcement that it will have two main cards on one night and is now being named "Super Saturday" up until the past couple of days the only fight which was announced was a lightweight battle for the vacant Cage Warriors title between Stevie Ray and Curt Warburton. Now the fight card is starting to come together as a welterweight battle between two of the top competitors in the division has been added. That fight is Jake Bostwick (14-8-1) vs Simeon Thoresen (17-4).

Jake Bostwick comes in to the fight with a 7 fight win streak, with his most recent win coming at Cage Warriors 64 when he defeated Boubacar Balde. That fight was at middleweight but he is now back down to welterweight for this fight.

We recently caught up with Jake to find out how the fight came about
"My Managment (Infinity Management) got in touch with my coach Kieran Keddle about the Simeon fight and Kieran kind of accepted it before talking to me, knowing what potential it had. My coaches both Kieran Keddle and Mickey papas know I have the tools to take out Simeon and that made me want the fight more."

"I'm really looking forward to the fight also, I hope to get a great KO victory yet again. Simeon's a great opponent but this is my fight! I need this more then he does, I'm younger and more hungry for it."
As for where a win over Thoresen takes him Bostwick was staying grounded.
"I take each fight as it comes, Simeon is definitely my next step forward for sure, can't say if a title is in the picture but let's get this win first then see"
Simeon Thoresen will be fighting for the first time since his release from the UFC after a 1-2 run in the promotion. His last fight was back in January 2013 so I am sure come June 7th he will be ready to go to war as he returns to Cage Warriors. A 51 second KO win against Matt Thorpe in July 2008 was his only other appearance for Cage Warriors. A win over Jake Bostwick, ending his winning streak would show the other contenders in the welterweight division that Thoreson is back and means business.

Cage Warriors 69 takes place on June 7th as Cage Warriors returns to London once again with the event being staged at The Forum, Kentish Town. If these two fights are anything to go by it will certainly be a Super Saturday in June. Stay tuned for more news once it has been announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment