phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Sunday 9 March 2014

UFC London Results: Louis Gaudinot Submits Phil Harris


UFC London Results: Louis Gaudinot Submits Phil Harris in the First
by Chris Houten - @mrhouts

ufc.com
It took Louis Gaudinot just 73 seconds to submit UK veterans Phil Harris in the opening bout at UFC Fight Night 37.

Both men came out quickly looking to strike before Harris pushed the action towards the fence in search on a takedown. Gaudinot a member of Team Bisping on TUF 14 was able to defend the take down and lock in a standing guillotine. Gaudinot pulled guard on Harris with the chock locked in. Gaudinot rolled to a top position and that was all it too to force Harris to take out.

After the bout Gaudinot said:

"I always look to finish and I immediately saw an opening and went for the choke.  My camp and I knew that he didn't want anything to do with a standup war and he tried to take me down but I was prepared.  That was a performance I knew I was capable of."

Fighting on enemy tough Gaudinot was boo'd on the way but cheered on the way out as he extended his record to 7-3 MMA and 2-2 in the UFC overall.

Harris however is now 1-3 in The UFC and on a 2 fight losing streak. The former Cage Warriors fight could  now find himself out of a job follow his loss to Gaudinot.

"I left my neck open and paid the price obviously." Said Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment