phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Monday 24 March 2014

Jake Bostwick on possible fight with Walter Gahadza "100% I'm up for the fight"

Jake Bostwick talks to Kingdom MMA about his recent twitter row with Walter Gahadza

by Ben Heather @benheather

Copyright: Dolly Clew | Cage Warriors

As I am sure you have all seen by now Jake Bostwick and Walter Gahadza have had some heated conversations on twitter recently and Jake told Kingdom MMA how it all began when he mentioned on twitter that they would have a great fight.
"I mentioned Walter in a post saying that me and him would have a great fight and that it should happen, then someone else replied to it. Then I said it all depends on what excuse he comes up with next. I was trying to get the fight with Walter a while ago when I was fighting for UWC as he was the "champ" but he said NO."
Since that first message it has snowballed to the point where Graham Boylan even offered up £3,000 as a winner takes all if both men agreed to fight on a Cage Warriors event. This was an offer which Jake Instantly accepted, but it wasnt the money which fueled his desire for the fight.

"100% I'm up for the fight, the 3k winner takes all is a great idea as the winner gets a nice bit of cash, but to be honest I'm not worried about the money I would like to just beat Walter and be that "bum" he lost to."
Although Jake is completely up for the fight, it seems that Walter is not as keen. One of the reasons he mentioned on twitter was Jake's record (14-8-1NC) compared to Walter's unbeaten record of (13-0) but Jake says all you have to do is look at the competition the two of them has fought.
"He knows and I know he has fought some bums, I have even had a couple of "easier" fights in my past but I have fought some real hard opponents, the likes of John Maguire, Jack Mason, John Phillips, Denniston Sutherland! Some I won, some I lost but at least I took that risk."

"apparently he was gonna be fighting Ryan Scope and I believe he is in the rankings but other then that I think he just wants to keep pushing them the W's."
"At the end of the day, Walter knows I'm a tough fight and knows he will get knocked the hell out, why would you want to fight me if that's the case."
One thing is for sure though, Jake certainly is not taking Walter lightly even saying he is a good fighter but its that test which is driving Jake to push for this fight. However, he feels a step up in opponent is the key to push his career and a fight with Bostwick could help do that.
To be honest Walter is a good fighter I'm not taking that from him, just feel he need to kinda take a step up and fight people that he thinks may beat him. That's the challenge for sure but feel it's always him fighting people that aren't really at his level! Like I said Walter is a good fighter, very well rounded and has a lot at the table.
If the fight does not come off against Walter though Jake will just look to the future and isn't looking to fight anyone specific. However unlike his last fight he will be looking to fight again back at Welterweight and we should see him back in action before the summer.
"If Walter don't fight me then there's plenty of other welterweights out there so I'm not worried really. I am not looking for anyone specific, I just want a good fight that gets people talking that is all. Hopefully I will fight around May/June time."

No comments:

Post a Comment