phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Sunday 2 March 2014

Danny Mitchell UFC Fight Night London Pre Fight Interview

Kingdom MMA talk to Danny Mitchell before his UFC debut at UFC Fight Night 38

by Chris Marzella @ChrisMarzella


An array of European fighters are gearing up for yet another UFC EMEA event. One of the UFC's Brit influx looking to get off to a winning start this Saturday night is Danny "The Cheesecake Assassin" Mitchell who will make his UFC debut at the O2.

A charismatic character boasting an impressive record the "Chesecake Assassin", a nickname given to him he says because "I like cakes and I like violence", takes on welterweight Igor Araujo and will not only be looking for the debut win but for a memorable performance in the process.

Speaking to KingdomMMA.co.uk Mitchell said:
"I think the most important thing is just to be myself and not hold anything back.

"Many people suffer the UFC jitters in their debut bout and it can cripple your usual game so it's just a case of trying to stay relaxed and fighting the way I want to fight. I think my style is pretty entertaining and I just hope it's a good one for all the fans."
It's fair comment that Mitchell has already faced UFC calibre competition before even stepping foot in the octagon. However, as far as he's concerned none of that matters when he's under the bright lights of the O2.
"There's lots of great talent in the UFC and ultimately that is where everyone wants to test themselves. I definitely think I am at the level to be in there" Mitchell said. He added: "I have fought some tough guys and that should stand me in good stead for the big show.

"Thing is with MMA it's so hard to judge fights on people's past experience as there are so many variables within a fight and people are always changing their training, their style and that is what makes this sport so exciting!"
Araujo is a skilled jiu jitsu artist but Mitchell is adamant that he is fully prepared for all eventualities.
Mitchell said:
"He is a good black belt who favours submissions on the ground but again this is MMA and anything can happen."

"Its so hard to predict how the fight will go so it's all about preparing for every outcome and making sure all your bases are covered. I will be prepared on the feet and on the ground, as I am sure he will be too."
With the UFC global expansion plans well underway there are more and more talents visiting multiple countries on various continents. Mitchell is one of many Brits to be given the nod March 8, he said:
"It's always good to get kicked off in England, I have a lot of fans and support travelling down which will be a great boost for me and I am looking forward to the atmosphere in the o2 on March 8th. Its gonna be crazy!
As he enters the final week of his preparations Mitchell is raring for fight day, saying:
"Me and my coaches have watched the tape and figured a few things out. He's skilled opponent and tough but then again so is every fighter in the UFC!
"All the hard training and prep is done now, just a few pounds to lose and the rest is history."
Danny Mitchell vs Igor Araujo takes place on March 8 at UFC Fight Night 38 from the O2, London.

No comments:

Post a Comment