phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Sunday 2 March 2014

Paul Marin "My Plan is to be the Next Champion"


Paul Marin "My Plan is to be the Next Champion"
by Chris Houten - @mrhouts

Photo: Dolly Clew | Cage Warriors
News broke late last week that Neil Seery had vacated his Cage Warriors flyweight title to fight Brad Pickett at UFC Fight Night, and make no mistake about it, Paul Marin wants that title.

On the back of 2 impressive victories, Romain Marin, who now fights out of Barcelona is ready to step up and fill the boots left by Seery, by challenging for the flyweight title:

“Seery is a great fighter and a great person and deserves this opportunity. Of course I want Cage Warriors to think of me as a contender for the Flyweight Championship Belt…if they call me I'll be ready to fight vs any fighter.

"My last two fights I think are a good showcase of my improved skills to have this great opportunity and would be very happy and I would prepare for winning the Championship Belt of Cage Warriors FC.”

One little matter standing in his way though is highly regarded, undefeated prospect Macin Lasota, a Polish fighter who recently joined Cage Warriors with a 7-0 record.  The flyweights will do battle at Cage Warriors Fight Night 10 in Jordan on the 28th of March, and Marin is hopeful an impressive victory will put him firmly in the window for a shot at the flyweight title:

“Lasota reaches Cage Warriors undefeated and I sincerely hope that this will change on March 28th. Winning this fight definitely will put me closer to the possibility to be the Champion of Cage Warriors and I will fight with even more courage but I will not let the pressure affect my concentration for this fight and then prepare for future projects.

We were closing the fight against Lasota when the news that Seery would fight in the UFC emerged so we have not had time for much more and we are in the process of preparing for the next fight, Now most importantly Cage Warriors Fight Night 10.

We will be discussing it with CW's after this next fight and these negotiations I leave in the hands of my manager John Bolton.”

Given the choice Marin would like to fight for the title next time out but should Cage Warriors follow the trend of putting on 4-man tournaments to decide their next champion as they did most recently with the 155lb title at CW60 and the 135lb strap at CW59, then you can count Marin in:

“If Cage Warriors decides to do a 4 man tournament of course I'll be proud to be one of the four fighters as my plan is to be the next champion.

In this kind of event I understand that it can be very spectacular and attractive to the public but there are many variants that are difficult to control, it is easy to pick up an injury in the first match and not be able to continue in the event, or even just not be fully capable in the second match so personally it is not what I prefer but if that's what CW's want I will fight with all my strength to be at the end of the night the new owner of the CW's Belt!”

2014 could be a big year for Marin, and if his last 2 performances are anything to go by, Marin, his coach Jesus Arjona, his sponsor Pride of Die, and his Union MMA teammates in Palau de Piegamans, Barcelona could have something pretty special to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment