phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Monday 26 August 2013

UFC Fight Night 27 Main Card Predictions

Kingdom MMA: UFC Fight Night 27 Main Card Predictions

by Jack Broadey @J3cK_b and Chris Houten @mrhouts


On Wednesday night we get our first instalment of school night fights as Fox Sports 1 launches the first midweek Fight Night. Can this card follow on in the footsteps of UFC Fight Night 26 Shogun vs Sonnen? That card drew brilliant numbers with a stacked card. Can this pull in something similar, if it does it will be a massive success!!

This card is full of some very close fights but below you can find the predictions for what some of the guys at Kingdom MMA expect to happen on Wednesday night.


Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann


Jack: The first fight was brilliant to watch and I can't see this being any different. Two of the most exciting fighters in the UFC and they will show up for war again. Condit is brilliant everywhere and will get back into the winning column here.

Prediction: Condit by KO Round 3

Chris: Whoa the bookmakers have got it completely wrong on this one, to have Condit 4/9 favourite over Kampmann at 7/4 is crazy. Don't get me wrong, I do think Condit is the favourite here but these odds are ridiculous for such a pick'em fight.

Prediction wise I'm going Condit, I think he has what it takes to edge out a decsion in this one, revenging his loss to Kampmann, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gonna throw a couple of quid on Kampmann as he could very well win this fight.

Prediction: Condit by Decision


Donald Cerrone vs. Rafael dos Anjos


Jack: This is great matchmaking and a very good fight. Cerrone is like Jim Miller in a lot of ways. He can look like a complete killer against everyone but the top 2/ 3 guys. Dos Anjos although solid enough isn't a top three guy. Cerrone will kickbox his way to a decision here.

Prediction: Cerrone by Decision

Chris: Is it me or is Dos Anjos one of the most improved fighters over the last year, his wrestling level has really stepped up a notch!

Dos Anjos is on pretty impressive win streak but unfortunately for him, I believe it ends here. Cerrone's stand up is leaps and bounds ahead of Dos Anjos and I don't really see him struggling to defend any takedowns Dos Anjos brings. I expect Cerrone to take this one by Unanimous Decision.

Prediction: Cerrone by Unanimous Decision


Kelvin Gastelum vs Brian Melancon


Jack: Gastelum makes his welterweight debut against a durable opponent who probably isn't in the same class as him. Gastelum will get the flashy finish the UFC wanted Uriah Hall to get.

Prediction: Gastelum by Sub Round 1

Chris: Is Gastelum vs Melancon really main card worthy - just saying! Anyway realistically this fights a pick 'em with both men being on a similar level. I was impressed with Melancon TKO in his debut over Bacznski and equally I was impressed with Gastelum's will to win thoughout the TUF series.

I'm interest to see how Gastelum looks at 170 (although I would have been more interested in seeing Elkins vs Hioki in this fights place if I'm honest), he might not be the same fighter at the smaller weight, but based on personality, I can't see any reason 'The Little Engine that Could' can't find a way to win.

Prediction: Gastelum


Court McGee vs Robert Whittaker


Jack: Another very tough fight to call. I can see this being a standup fight so who has the best hands. You would have to say Whittaker. McGee could get desperate and look for a takedown. Whittaker has a lot of power and McGee will have to be wary of that. Whittaker will show he is a level above McGee in the battle of TUF winners.

Prediction: Whittaker by KO Round 2

Chris: I'll just start by saying how much I hate Whittaker dislike for Brits - I really felt like he and Alloway had something personal against us, and follow it up by saying DAMN was I impressed with his performance against Smith to the point where I don't even care!

I like Whittaker to take care of business. His jab looked on point against Smith and if he can do the same against McGree I really can't see a way to victory for McGee

Prediction: Whittaker


Takeya Mizugaki vs Erik Perez


Jack: This is a solid matchup that will really test Perez's credentials. I think he could potentially go all the way and this is a great learning fight for him as Mizugaki won't just fold. Perez will have to be on his A game to get rid of Mizugaki but I think he has what it takes.

Prediction: Perez by KO Round 2

Chris: Takeya Mizugaki comes in to this fight on a two fight win streak (his biggest win streak since joining Zuffa in 2009) with wins over Jeff Hougland, and Bryan Caraway - yes the infamous 'you have got this fight, coast Brian' fight. His opponent Perez is on an absolute tear finishing fools all over the place, and I expect him to do this same in this.

Mizugaki is a game little fighter, with a higher level of experience going into the fight and in fairness to him he is pretty decent, not an honorable mention for a top ten ranking like sherdog seem to think but still pretty decent, but Perez is looking like a future star for me - plus we all know that Japanese don't travel well.

Prediction: Perez


Robert McDaniel vs Brad Tavares


Jack: I will keep this one short and sweet. Bubba is a complete choker. Tavares is on a tear and the UFC want him to look good. Tavares will dominate from the first bell.

Prediction: Tavares by TKO Round 2

Chris: If I'm honest, I can't say I'm that keen on this fight, mainly because I don't feel McDaniel is ready for, or even deserves this fight. Tavares is a serious guy, he is 5-1 in the UFC with comfortable wins over tricky competitors in Baczynski, Fukuda and Watson.

Sure McDaniel showed moments in the TUF series that he has some skills, but I can't see him getting anything here - I see Tavares dominating this fight from start to finish and really wouldn't be surprise if he was to finish McDaniel.

Prediction: Tavares by TKO

So that is what the guys at the site think will happen, stay tuned to the Kingdom MMA twitter account come fight night and we will live tweet all night to keep you all up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment