phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Saturday 30 November 2013

Fighter vs Writer - TUF 18 Finale

Fighter vs Writer: Michael Wootten - The Ultimate Fighter Season 18 Finale 
by Ben Heather @benheather


Welcome to another Kingdom MMA fighter vs writer challenge.

For this challenge we challenge some of the biggest names from the world of MMA to give us their picks and fight outcomes for specific MMA events. Then they will be challenged by one of our writers, who will make their own predictions. Previously we have challenged the likes of Luke Barnatt, Jim Alers, Mike Wilkinson, Phil Harris, Cathal Pendred and Dustin Poirier.

This weeks opponent was a perfect man for the job and the only man for the job this weekend. He was part of Team Rousey on the current series of TUF, unfortunately losing in the semi final of the show to Chris Holdsworth. He is of course Michael Wootten.

The Scoring
If you predict the correct winner of the fight you will get one point and if you predict the correct method of victory you will get an extra point. However, if the fight ends in a stoppage and you predict the round as well the method you could earn a third bonus point. If the fight goes the distance you can only earn a maximum of two points.

The Predictions

Gray Maynard vs Nate Diaz

Wootten: Great main rematch and main event. It will be a very close fight and both posses different styles but I am a Diaz fan so I am going with Nate.

Prediction: Nate Diaz - Submission Round 2 

Heather: I love this fight, it could go either way and is a perfect replacement main event for the event, even though both guys come in to the fight after losing in their last outing. My main thought on this is whether Diaz can get the fight to the ground if he can it should be his fight to lose but on the feet I give Maynard the advantage. That being said over three rounds I see Diaz having enough to take the win.

Prediction: Nate Diaz - Unanimous Decision

Julianna Pena vs Jessica Rakoczy

Wootten: Having seen a lot from both girls throughout my time in the TUF house I am very excited to see both girls fight against each other. I think Jessica will win via TKO in the third round. I feel her footwork and boxing experience will be the key.

Prediction: Jessica Rakoczy - TKO Round 3

Heather: Like Mike I think that Jessica will be able to dominate this fight if it stays on the feet. How confident I am that it will stay there I am not sure.... Pena looked a beast in the house dominating her fights and getting the wins but was never really challenged. Rakoczy will certainly do that tonight but I think Pena will have enough and keep Rakoczy down to bring home the win and title of first women's TUF champion.

Prediction: Daniel Cormier - Unanimous Decision

Chris Holdsworth vs Davey Grant

Wootten: Chris and Davey are two great athletes that have different styles. Its a very interesting match up but I think Davey will win via TKO in the second round due to his physicality.

Prediction: Davey Grant - TKO Round 2

Heather: For me, this is the ultimate clash between head and heart. My heart certainly is telling me that Davey will win and bring home the title to the UK. As Mike knows unfortunately all too well, Holdsworth is a beast and certainly has proved why he is a BJJ black belt with the way he submitted Mike on the show.

That being said if Davey turns up bringing his A game like he did to make it on to the show and no thinks no matter what happens I will get the win then it will be a very entertaining fight and could go either way. However, I have to go with my head on this and predict a win for the American.

Prediction: Chris Holdsworth - Submission Round 2

Jessamyn Duke vs Peggy Morgan

Wootten: Tough fight for me to call having seen both these girls train and fight. Two similar styles match up wise as both are very competent strikers. Peggy has the size advantage and Jessamyn has the advantage on the ground. I think Jessamyn will win via sub in the third round.

Prediction: Jessamyn Duke - Submission Round 3 

Heather: I like Mike think that Duke should be able to make the most of her skills getting the fight down to the ground where she will finish the fight.

Prediction: Jessamyn Duke - Submission Round 2

Roxanne Modafferi vs Raquel Pennington

Wootten: Roxy vs Rocky is a clash of styles and experience. Roxanne has been in the game for many years now and rocky is inexperienced compared to Roxanne. But I see rocky being too big and strong at the weight and finishing the fight in the first round.

Prediction: Raquel Pennington  - TKO Round 1

Heather: As Mike has said, you can not even try and say that Roxanne does not have the experience on her side in this fight. I think that experience should see her through and help her defend against the size and strength advantage that Pennington will certainly have.

If she does not use her past experience this fight will be very tough for Modafferi but I think she will be able to pull of a decision victory.
Prediction: Roxanne Modafferi - Unanimous Decision


So that's our predictions for the fights, we will be live tweeting on Saturday night as always and we will keep you all informed as to how the challenge is going with latest scores throughout the main card.

Thanks again to Mike for providing us with his picks for this weekends fights and it just leaves me to say.... May the best man win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment