phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Cage Warriors Sign Flyweights Damien Rooney and Marcin Lasota


Cage Warriors Sign Flyweights Damien Rooney and Marcin Lasota
by Chris Houten - @mrhouts

Photo used courtesy of Lasota & Cagewarriors.com
Cage Warriors have today confirmed the signing of exciting prospects Damien Rooney and Marcin Lasota (pictured), both of have joined on exclusive 5 fight contracts.

Unbeaten as a pro, Lasota (7-0) is ranked as the number one bantamweight in his native Poland, however the 24 year old now plans to pursue his career as a flyweight.

In his most recent outing, Lasota who fights out of Gracie Barra Lodz, became the first fighter to defeat, Polish compatriot Tymoteusz Swiatek (12-1), submitting Swiatek in the third round of their clash this past April; Lasota has taken 3 of 7 victories by way of submission.
“Signing with Cage Warriors is a huge step forward for my career,” said Lasota. “I’ll be working harder than I’ve ever done to win my debut and show that I belong among the very best in the flyweight division.”
 Also making the move to flyweight Irishman Damien Rooney (9-3-1) of Team Torres MMA.

A veteren of the Irish MMA scene, 29-year-old holds notable wins over Cage Warriors veterans Alan Philpott and Mark Connor; Rooney has taken all but one of his victories inside the distance.
Rooney said: “I’m very excited to be signing with Cage Warriors. The promotion showcases the best talent in Europe and I believe I deserve to be among that.

“I believe I’ll pose a threat to anyone in the CWFC flyweight division, regardless of where the fight goes, and my plan is to go straight after that world title.”
Both fighter are expected to make their Cage Warriors debuts in early 2014.

Stay tuned to kingdomMMA.co.uk for the latest on Cage Warriors.

Blitz Sport - For all your Martial Arts and Fitness needs...

No comments:

Post a Comment