phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Arnold Allen ahead of CW60 "sparring with my dad is not good fun"

Kingdom MMA talk to Arnold Allen ahead of Cage Warriors 60

by Ben Heather @benheather


Today, Kingdom MMA caught up with Arnold Allen who fights out of the BKK Fighters gym and goes in to this weekends Cage Warriors 60 event with his unbeaten record on the line. Currently 4-0 in his professional career Arnold Allen has certainly shown he is a class act and one to look out for in the future. He is still only 19 years old and looks to have a promising career ahead of him. Today we spoke about signing with Cage Warriors, training at BKK and what its like to spar with your dad.

Ben: Hi Arnold, thanks for taking the time ahead of your fight this weekend at CW to speak to us.
Firstly, for those who do not know much about Arnold Allen or haven't seen you fight what can they expect to see on Saturday night in London?
Allen: They can expect an exciting fight from me and Declan, we'll both be looking to finish the fight.

Ben: When did you start training in MMA?
Allen: I started training MMA properly at about 15 or 16 years old.

Ben: Did you have any amateur/ semi pro fights before you turned pro?
Allen: I've had 7 amateur MMA bouts, 5 amateur boxing fights and 3 K1 fights.

Ben: You are now 4-0 in your professional career only going the distance once would you say that being an exciting fighter and finishing fights is important to you?
Allen: Putting on exciting fights is always my aim. MMA is all about entertainment and if the fights don't entertain fans the sport will never grow. I always want to finish we don't get paid overtime!

Ben: How has the camp gone and can we expect to see the best Arnold Allen yet in the cage on Saturday night?
Allen: Trainings been good no injuries or anything so I'm happy! And I hope so haha.

Ben: At just 19 years old you are 10 years younger than your opponent Dec Williams on Saturday, do you feel age will be a factor on Saturday?
Allen: I don't think age is going to be a factor in this fight.

Ben: Where do you feel you have the advantage on Saturday night?
Allen: I feel I'll have the advantage where ever this fight goes.

Ben: How do you expect the fight to go on Saturday night?
Allen: I expect my hand to be raised at the end of it but it won't be easy work.

Ben: I believe your father is also a fighter and is still fighting now, how did he take the news when you told him you wanted to do the same?
Allen: Yeah my Dad is a fighter, I think he's retiring but he can never make his mind up. He was more than happy when I started competing, he took me to BKK fighters a few years back and I haven't looked back since.

Ben: Do you and your dad spar together? If so how does it feel to punch your dad? I know growing up I have thought of doing it many times but would never actually do it.
Allen: I've sparred my dad a few times but he hits pretty hard so it's not good fun. I remember him dropping me with an overhand right haha.

Ben: Only a couple of months ago you signed a five fight exclusive contract to fight for cage warriors. How pleased were you to be offered that contract?
Allen: I was really happy to sign with Cage Warriors I always wanted to fight for them as loads of my favourite fighters have fought for them before there UFC careers and also my head coach Jack Mason fights for Cage Warriors so it's pretty cool to be on the same promotion.

Ben: Training at BKK Fighters you get to train with some of the UK's best fighters, do you think you would be fighting for the top European promotion if you were not training with the guys you do.
Allen: Definitely not the great team we have at BKK is definitely the reason I'm on such a big promotion, there's loads of top level amateurs too who are nearly ready to turn pro so it's awesome down there.

Ben: Would you like to say thanks to anyone or any sponsors?
Allen: Too many to thank individually but thanks everyone for all the help and advice it's really appreciated.
Everyone at Kingdom MMA would like to wish Arnold all the best ahead of his fight this weekend at Cage Warriors 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment