phone: +420 776 223 443
e-mail: support@londoncreative.co.uk

Thursday 28 March 2013

Interview: Paul Daley Talks DFC, Ribeiro, Kickboxing, Michael Page, &More


Paul 'Semtex' Daley Talks to Kingdom MMA
By Chris Houten - @houts4thewin


Paul 'Semtex' Daley is one of the finest MMA fighters to come out of the UK. A former Cage Rage, and King of The Ring World Muay Thai Champion, Daley hold highlight reel victories over Martin Kampmann, Duane Ludwig, & Scott Smith just to name a few.

On Tuesday I caught up to with Daley to chat about his upcoming fight against Rodrigo 'Ximbica' Ribeiro for Dubai Fighting Championships, as well as his Bellator return. 

Chris: Firstly Paul, congratulations on becoming a dad, hows fatherhood treating you?
Daley: Yeah great, its a special experience.

I've read in other interviews you are hoping to return to Bellator around September, has there been any recent progress on getting you back, and are you still targeting the fall?
Yes, I will be back at Bellator this year 100%

Its great that Bellator are allowing you to fight for other promotions in the meantime, not only for yourself as we all know you like to stay active, and for the fans, but do you find it a little frustrating fighting on the 'local' scene? I mean your completely running through your opponents in these fights, does some one of your caliber want more?
Yes of course, but I can only deal with whats in front of me, I have no choice. When I return to Bellator its going to be great.

Your next fight will be for Dubai Fighting Championships against Rodrigo 'Ximbica' Ribeiro, what do you think of Ribeiro?
I think he is a BJJ Blackbelt, but has not been so successful in MMA. 

Going into the fight its likely Ribeiro will want to try and take you down and work for a submission, will you look to work on wrestling defense and your ju-jitsu for this training camp more than you normally would? 
No, not really, I always train to prepare for everything, I dont think his wrestling is of a high enough calibre to warrant specific training, but like I said I always prepare for everything.

Before the Ribeiro fight was announced your were looking for a fight on this past weekends Glory card, and was looking at a fight with Luke Sines for UCMMA at one stage. Is Kickboxing something you would like to go back to?
I would love to do some high level kickboxing, before I step away from the fight scene. I would love to win a Kickboxing tournament, Like K1 or GLORY.

Do you think you will likely take another fight before your return to Bellator, or do you expect DFC 4 to be your last?
I think this fight at DFC will be my last before returning to  Bellator. Yes, things seem to be working out nicely.

Last Thursday, fellow Brit Michael Page made his Bellator debut knocking out Ryan Sanders, in just 10 seconds. Have you had chance to see his fight yet, and if so what do you think of the Page's prospects? 
I have seen the fight, and I think Page is very talented, he can do alot in the sport. 

In between rounds at UFC 158, Nick Diaz can be seen deliberately throwing punches at GSP, and its appears he is going to escape punishment. What are your thoughts on this? 
It is what it is, I cant really comment, there is no governing to the UFC, its as business, and bosses always have their favorites. 

Finally is there any training partners, or sponsors out there that you would like to thank?  
Spirit Dojo and my coaching staff Team Semtex, Sponsors: banned fightwear, fearless fightwear, maximuscle, JACO baseball caps, my management/wad allamadine, and all my fans/supporters/ family and friends.
 
Thank you for your time Paul!

Don't forget to check out Semtex.tv and like Paul Daley on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment